There's a Better Life!
This program is designed to assist the women of our community get their lives moving in a positive direction by helping them get jobs, teaching them how to find their purpose in life, how to live a life of excellent character and integrity, how to set goals for themselves and their families, and ultimately become productive members of society and have a better quality of life.
“For I know the plans I have for you, “Say the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
RAM Ministries has been serving the Alliance community in a variety of ways since January of 2013. Our mission is to serve God by serving others by reaching out to people in need and offering them the support and assistance needed to live their best life possible. We received our 501(c)(3) status in December of 2013 and began conducting workshops with teens in schools. We started our meal ministry to the poor in the spring of 2016 and our “Finding Purpose” program in 2017 in which we worked with the poor on service projects to help others in our community. We began the Women of Courage program in early 2018.
- How to become the woman you were created to be and find the purpose for your life
- How to live a life of excellence, which includes everything from putting your cart away at the
- grocery store, to personal hygiene, to doing everything to the absolute best of your ability
- How to evaluate the relationships with the people in your life, and make necessary changes
- How to fill out a job application
- How to make a resume
- How to interview
- Are you job ready? (12 point inspection)
- How to handle a paycheck, make a budget, and live within your means
- How to cook nutritious meals for yourself and your family on a budget
- How to set goals for yourself and your family and get what you want out of life
- Tutoring and assistance in getting GED and skills needed for specific jobs
- Clothing for interviews
- Hygiene products
- Transportation for interviews and appointments includig rides, bus passes, and sometimes
- Assistance in getting a driver’s license or ID card
- Assistance in obtaining financial aid for furthering their education
- Parenting classes
- Moral support, a job reference from our organization and continued support after graduation
All are welcome to join our Women of Courage program. Anyone needing a job, life skills training, a mentor or life coach, or just want to get their life moving in a positive direction, give us a call. Our services are totally free. We also offer many opportunities for community service while waiting on a job offer, which looks great on a resume’. Our sessions are one-on one and are scheduled around other commitments. Transportation assitance is available.